Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Don't Be Shy

Have you ever been to a restaurant before and ordered something, and after the first bite you realize you made a bad choice? I am sure many of us have been in this situation before plenty of time. I usually try to avoid this buy going to the same restaurants and ordering the same couple of things that I usually get. However, one of my goals is to travel and eat at many different restaurants as possible, but anyways back to my point. If you ever order something and don’t like how it tastes for whatever reason, please do not be afraid to say something and order something different. It’s all about how you go about it. “Ummm excuse me, but I don’t like this and want something else,” is not how you should inform your server about you wrong pick of the menu. Servers are there to help make sure everything is to your satisfaction when you eat at a restaurant. They deal with this issue all the time. It is a very easy issue to correct. All you have to do is when the server comes back to check up on you after your first bit, which they should just tell this, “I am really sorry but this is not what how I expected it to be, would it be too much trouble if I get something else in place of it?” They will usually reply by telling you that it is not a problem what so ever and ask you why you don’t like it. Just tell them the truth. If it has too much seasoning or you don’t like the flavor or whatever the reason is just be honest. You really won’t have to wait much because they will cook you re-order before everything else that went in before yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment