Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Review

Tonight I was searching for blogs dealing with food in general and I came across a blog titled “What We’re Eating.” I found this blog in the New York Times webs site and it was written by Mark Bittman. The blog talked about the spending habits of Americans in grocery stores. And for the past couple of years Americans have had the same spending habits as to what they purchase the most at grocery stores. Can you guess what was in the number one spot? Carbonated beverages took the number one spot. And has held on to the number one spot for a couple of years now, which isn’t hard to believe when you think about going over to someone’s home and that’s usually the first thing they offer you to drink. Runners up were milk and bread, followed up by beer and salty snacks. There were no healthy foods on the list that they showed, even though they only showed the top 11 purchases. I wish I could put numbers with this statement, but this explains why America as a whole is considered being overweight. Personally I don’t shop at the grocery store that often because I typically end up throwing away a lot of what I bought only because I really am not home during meal time. I am usually in school or at work, and working at a restaurant I never have to worry about being hungry. So if you happened to have a couple of extra minutes and want to check out this blog here is the link to it. http://bitten.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/16/what-were-eating/
It is a real short blog and it gives you to stats about what Americans buy at the grocery store. Check out the comments that people left about the blog as well. Very interesting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment