Monday, September 21, 2009

CHECK OUT PEN & FORK

I came across this blog that offered advice on saving a couple extra dollars when going out to eat, especially during hard times.

http://penandfork.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/5-money-saving-tips-for-dining-out/

Gwen Ashley Walters the author is a professionally trained chef an author of three award-winning cookbooks. What I found interesting about the advice she gave was that I actually see people doing this all the time when they order their meal at my restaurant. We have customers who eat all their meals outside of home. There’s many reason why people eat out more than they eat at home. Husbands will openly say that their wives cannot cook and the wives don’t deny it when the husbands say this.

And of course the husbands don’t know how to cook either. Then you also have people that are too busy to cook and it’s much easier to go out then to prepare a meal. Whatever the reason may be a lot of people prefer to eat out. A lot of people are just like me. I know how to cook and not to brag about it but I am a pretty impressive cook. But besides that I love to eat out and try new things. I must admit that if my budget for food was bigger I would eat out a lot more than what I already do. Now if I took the advice the Gwen suggested I guess I could go out more than what I already do.

As much as I wish I could try her suggestions, my will power would go out the door as soon as I sit down because great tasting food is a huge weakness of mine. Check out her blog and let me know that you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment