Monday, August 31, 2009

Grumpy Man

I just want to tell you a couple of my all time favorite stories that dealt with people who were either having a really bad day and were taking out on me or that’s just the way they are all the time. My first one dealt with a man who was probably in his 70s, I’m not the best at guessing peoples age but he was older and had a full set of gray hair and used a walker so 70s sounds good to me. I was informed by his sever that he was unhappy with his meal. So I make my way over to his table and ask him what the problem was with his meal? He answered my question with a couple of words that I will leave up to your imagination. I of course apologized to him to and told him to let me fix our mistake. Any time a guest is unhappy with their meal for whatever reason a restaurant should always try to get it exactly how the guest wished to have to meal. Cooked to perfection, to put it in better words. When I asked him if I could take his plate away so that I could bring him out exactly what he wanted, he reached for his fork and told me that if I did not get away from him that he was going to fork me. And those were his exact words in which he replied to me. All I was trying to do was to fix his meal. I was only trying to do my job by making sure that every person that comes to eat at my place of employment leaves more than satisfied. Some people for some reason have to make things more complicated than what they really are. Everyone else at the table was completely embarrassed as I could tell when I looked at them. I will have to give him credit by saying that before he left, he did apologize to me for what he had said and how he reacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment